Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Maggie's wish...some yummy bean dip

So I am finally getting to Mag's Christmas wish. For my first recipe I will put the infamous Kinnersley Bean dip! Enjoy! I usually just throw things in, taste and add what I think in needs, so these sizes are approximate, so start with a little less and then see how you like it.

Bean Dip
1 Small can of Refried Beans (Rosarita Refried are the best, but you can get any kind and add more spices)
2 TBSP of brown sugar ( I like more to make it sweeter, my mom does left)
2 TBSP of Ketchup
1 to 1.5 Tsp of minced onion (or a couple of shakes of onion salt)
1 cup of cheese
Melt together in pan on Medium heat
Serve with tortillia chips, tortillias and cheese or 7 layer dip (see below)

7 layer dip
1st layer - Bean Dip
2nd layer - Sour cream
3rd layer - Gaucamole made from 2 avacados and a packet of Gauc mix
4th layer- Shredded cheese
5th layer - Olives and diced tomatoes

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Heed, I am totally going to make this tonight for Justin and cannot wait.Mmmmm.... so yummy Thanks.